Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Whirl- Emma Raveling

Seventeen-year-old Kendra Irisavie is an ondine, a water elemental caught in the middle of an ancient war. The Aquidae are immortal dark demons who will stop at nothing to destroy the fragile balance of the Elemental world.Fierce and independent, Kendra has always played by her own rules. Gifted with the powerful magic of Empath Virtue and trained to be a deadly fighter, she has spent her life breaking hearts and getting into trouble.When her life explodes one violent night in a northern California city, a dark stranger appears, promising answers to her mysterious past. Alone and with no one to trust, she must navigate through a dangerous new world, face the temptations of a forbidden romance, and remain true to her duty and destiny.
All while the Aquidae continue to hunt her down...





The Review
4 Stars. There was just something about this book that made me love it. I loved how the main character was a fierce, seductive, and butt- kicking heroine. The books I read usually have a lot of romance in it but this book did not. There were some romantic parts but not a lot. It was mostly action and I loved it! I loved Tristan and  I loved Julian. Ryder was just an extra character. Getting rid of him was just a way of getting rid of a "love square" now we only have a "love triangle". I'm not sure how I like the coldness of Kendra's grandmother. I just wish that was different.











No comments:

Post a Comment