Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fallen- Lauren Kate

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.








Fallen the Review

3 Stars

Luce and Daniel. Luce and Cam. Cam and Daniel. These three people all have one thing in common. And that is that they all have a secret past together. Luce and Daniel are lovers from a different point in time. Luce and Cam are like enemies or something like that from the past lives. Cam and Daniel are serious enemies. They hate each other. A lot.

Luce and Daniel have shared lives together. They haven’t shared a life together. They have shared LIVES, plural, together. I didn’t really like their love story. Daniel was a jerk and I hated how obsessed Luce was with him. Even though he is said jerk. She completely looked over the fact that when they first met he flicked her off. She didn’t even know his name and he flicked her off. Did that come into account when they were declaring their love for each other? No it didn’t. The fact that they even declared their love for each other was comical. I hate it when characters who have been reincarnated, base their love off their past life. I mean you have to love each other in the present. You can’t think, “Oh I loved you in the past so I must love you now.” That’s not right. Your love is supposed to be in the now, not in the past. When you can’t even remember your past life how can you be so sure of your feelings? I love a book with a good love story but this is not one of them. I liked the plot but not the love involved with the plot. In my opinion there wasn’t any sizzle in the romance.

Luce and Cam on the other hand, I liked their relationship. In my opinion I think their story, if they were to get together, would be more interesting. Of course in the book their relationship didn’t last long. I think that if the author would’ve allowed their characters to be together it would’ve made for a more interesting storyline. I mean think about it. Luce has a past with Daniel where they’re in love but then when she meets Cam in the present she falls in love with him instead. Well I think it would be more interesting storyline anyway I don’t know about you guys.

Cam and Daniel are strange. I feel like they are so wrapped up in each other. At the end they call an eighteen day truce but if they can help each other for eighteen days instead of trying to kill each other, why couldn’t they just keep the truce and forget years of fighting in a pointless war?

I don’t know. I guess the story was ok. I don’t know if I will read the second book only because it was really hard to get into this one.
















No comments:

Post a Comment